Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Messenger


"Messenger" Trailer from rebecca brillhart on Vimeo.
Spotted on Prolly and for more on Cinecycle check their website

For me the world of bike messengers has always been intriguing, especially those fighting traffic in NYC on a daily basis.  This documentary, filmed in 2005, focuses a lot on the more competitive aspect of being a messanger, especially the life and travels of, Puma sponsored, Alfred Bobe.  I would love to see the whole documentary but it is not easy to come by.

This short clip also has one of the best quotes I've heard in a while.  Referring to Lance Armstrong a NYC bike messenger says, "you talking on a straight away, I'm not fucking with that cat, the man got it.  6 Tour de Frances, the man got it.  But you put that mother fucker in the middle of 6th ave. at about 5 o'clock in the evening and race me, you're not making it."

Respect.

No comments: