Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stanridge Speed "Teaser"


Stanridge screen shot

Since I was young, I have always had a strong interest in woodworking.  Using your own hands, and a few well engineered power tools, to build beautiful furniture out of raw wood is one of the most satisfying feelings.  When I got into cycling I instantly took an interest in hand made bicycles. It never ceases to amaze me how these builders can start with raw tubing and a torch and build such a beautiful machine.  In recent months I feel as though private builders have been getting way more notoriety because of sites like Prolly is not Probably and companies like Rapha who are promoting small scale builders to the general public. Anyway this is a rad "teaser" video of Adam Eldridge, the founder of Stanridge Speed talking about the art of building a bicycle frame. I love the the random shots around the workshop, there's nothing cooler than beautiful old shop tools and the final product is so rad.

I can't wait to own a handmade bicycle of my own.

No comments: