Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Mysterious World of TallBikes and Jousting

Although I hadn't previously heard of C.H.U.N.K 666 I happened to stumble upon it today and I must say, I am intrigued. First I came upon their blog which, i might add, has some very interesting posts (tallbike construction primer as well as the MOAB or mother of all bikes). I then went to their website which, at first glance, seems to be a a fixed gear/bike polo "online boutique", BUT when I clicked on the links I was redirected to loosely related blog posts about AWESOME things. For example I clicked on the "lathe turned HDPE polo mallet end caps" and was given a look into the world of mutant bike polo. It seems that the creators of C.H.U.N.K 666 are not only serious bike jousters but strong proponents of the tallbike movement. Whatever they are doing, it looks like some serious fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photos shamelessly stolen from C.H.U.N.K 666

Unfortunately, it seems as though the blog is no longer in use considering the last post is nearly three years ago. C.H.U.N.K 666 gives a one of a kind look into a part of cycling that isn't often brought to the spot light and I am glad to have found it. If anyone knows what's up with C.H.U.N.K 666 I would love to hear and see more!

No comments: