Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Totally Corked

Photobucket

In recent years I have found myself constantly browsing bike networking sites (Velospace, Pedal Room, etc), looking at hundreds of bikes dreaming of what i might someday acquire.  In doing this I noticed a few bikes with corks attached to the seat.  I always wondered what the significance of these corks were until a while back, Prolly Is Not Probably posted a detailed description about how the cork is what keeps all of the bubbling power inside a bottle of champagne and in turn provides the vigor needed to keep that extra little bit of power in the cyclist.  In honor of the new year I decided to pop open the bubbly and add a cork of my own!

For more history on the cork, check out this in depth description on Prolly Is Not Probably

No comments: